Friday, June 11, 2010

black, the new white

on the top of my list: turning this raggedy-anne pad into a frugal artist home. i will not stop this obsession until this home is up to Maya code. I get frugal but this is extreme. my hubby made a make shift curtain out of a bed sheet and a super long @ss draw string i have no idea where he found. this however is not acceptable. the good thing about working with this hot mess is it's an excuse to shop and create :)
this time around i'm looking to balance masculinity with playful accents. i'd like to go for something dark...here's a few of my inspiration fotos for dark walls and chalkboard paint :















and here's what i'm working with:




7 comments:

bloggeranonymous said...

HAAHAHA!! I LOOOOOOVE your ideas!!!!!!!!

Ditear said...

Wow I really like those designs!! :D
U seem like your on the right track though...I'm sure you'll get ur place lookin artsy in no time lol.

FLY LADY DI said...

oh maya.... photoshop like i've never seen it done on a blog. uh ur so creative it disgusts me.

RaceAgainstTime said...

Those are some great ideas! That place has potential and I'm sure you're going to make it look wonderful. BTW, my apologies for missing your party. The 8pm timing was too late for Kiasha and Malachi as she had school the next day and he would have been tired. I am hoping to be in NYC at the end of July so maybe we can meet then.
Josephine

H.R said...

You're creative :) I suggest you use that to make a better blog (in appearance)

http://lovers-shore.blogspot.com/

maya said...

Rofo! don't kill me! you spoiled my surprise! i'm actually in the midst of redesigning my new blog. p.s. you may want to take your own advice as well :)

Unknown said...

amazing