Monday, January 4, 2010

the gift of giving

1 month later and i'm in Toronto, done partying and back on the grind. to catch ya'll up to date i arrived here dec 15th and spent lots of time with the fams and stuffing my face. and as per usual i wait till the final hour to figure out what gifts i'll be giving to my 6 cousins and brother. then it hits me...my cousins gifts were archival photos from the 80's of their childhood blown up to 5x7' with vintage frames (i'll post photos of that later) and inspirational quotes printed on neon paper and framed with black dollar store frames. I suggest everyone cover their walls especially their bedroom walls with inspirational quotes. it really puts you in a good headspace at the crack of dawn.
i didn't end up giving this to anyone. could be offence but it's oh so true :) quote from Socrates


"the opposite of courage is not cowardice it is conformity"- Earl Nightingale


"what lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"- Ralph Waldo Emerson


speaking of gifts me and my hubby got the funniest gift from one of my aunts. it's funny because she's filipino...i'm not sure it would be funny if she were say...black. oh i love my family :) p.s. Ainsley has got some great receipts!

2 comments:

bloggeranonymous said...

MAYA you look amazing in the photo! SUPER glad to see you and David back together!!!

FLY LADY DI said...

lol yes i agree! amazing... wow what great ideas have you. these truly rock! ps i use the tape case you gave me everyday to hold my gym items. people see it and LOVE IT! but i love it more lol.